When looking to the east for a fun getaway with the family, it can be hard to choose a destination between all of the options out there such as Singapore, Vietnam and so on. Singapore ticks a lot of the boxes for a great holiday with the family. Let’s have a look at all of the boxes that Singapore ticks.
What makes Singapore such a family-friendly destination?
- Enjoyable weather – If you’re in the mood for some warmth right now, then Singapore is perfect for you. Singapore is on the equator which means that it’s gloriously warm all year round.
- Safe and friendly – Young adults are all for the adventure and thrill that come hand in hand with visiting adventurous places. However, when you add kids into the equation, the solution changes. Singapore offers travellers an incredible as well as educational look into Asian culture with all of the modern comforts that the West has spoiled you with. Also on offer are many kids activities in Singapore.
- Affordable – Many people forget about visiting Singapore because the country has a reputation for being too expensive. However, that isn’t true at all. The Singapore dollar is on par with the Australian dollar. In addition to this, public transport is very reasonably priced with a day’s unlimited travel across train and bus services coming in at $10.
- A plethora of activities – Singapore has plenty of activities to keep the entire family busy and entertained for days. Some of the many entertainment options available in Singapore include a day at the Universal Studios, experiencing the Singapore Zoo, playing in the infamous Sentosa Island and plenty more. Singapore has something for everyone.
Activities that the entire family can have fun with together
The Garden Rhapsody Light Show – The Garden Rhapsody Light Show is an incredible light & sound craft by at Bay. The complete vision of the design is led by the award winning and light designer Adrian Tan who is accompanied by Bang Wenfu, one of Singapore’s most accomplished music composer & arrangers.
Place: Supertree Grove, Gardens by the Bay, Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Connect with animals at the Singapore Zoo – The Singapore Zoo is infamous all around the world. Your children will be able to see animals that they’d never otherwise be able to spot in the wild. There are quite a large variety of animals here such as flamingos, tigers, giant turtles, rhinos, polar bears, Komodo dragons and so on.
Marvel at the rich marine ecosystem at S.E.A. Aquarium – The S.E.A. Aquarium is home to plenty of marine life. There are more than 100,000 marine animals here of over 1,000 species living in 50 different habitats.
Visit the Chinatown Heritage Centre – If you’re into history, you’ll love the Chinatown Heritage Centre in Singapore. It’ll transport your family back in time to experience the footsteps of Singapore’s early pioneers. The Chinatown Heritage Centre is an experience that shouldn’t be missed.
Gorge on exotic street foods at the Hawker Market – Street food is huge in Singapore. There is a large variety of hygienic street food prepared at three hawker centres run by three Government bodies. If you’re concerned about safety, the food is all regularly inspected by Government officials. You’ll be missing a treat if you decide against visiting a hawker market in Singapore.
Quick tips to plan a memorable trip to Singapore
Visiting Singapore is quite a stress-free experience. Having said that, have a look at these tips to make sure that your trip is as smooth and as memorable as possible.
- Apply for your tourist visa at least a month in advance. Getting a tourist visa to Singapore is easier than most other places.
- Stay in a hotel that’s close to the places you’d like to visit. This will save you a lot of time as well as money.
- Check with your hotel to see if they offer a complimentary mobile with a local SIM. Many hotels offer this service and call this complementary device a ‘Handy.’